Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mark one for 'Toby'

I've been very hard on Dr. Cosgrove when I discuss the current regime at the Cleveland Clinic. While I support the organization to impliment whatever the hell they want, I do not agree with their overly parental stance on their employees personal lives. I just feel that people don't need to be told how to live their lives...

But I have to say that his little bit in the PD shows a thoughtful and insightful view of what I would expect to be indicitive of what most doctors think of the topics covered. While I fully expect the actual health care community to be all for covering every American, and actually be willing to listen to single payer ideas; I am happy that Dr. Cosgrove was willing to also point out that the politicians in DC are not only generally ignorant of the ins and outs of the industry but also moving rather fast in making whole system changes in a short period of time.

If there's one thing our federal government has shown us time and again throughout our countries history is that they are very good at making big changes or moves without understanding what they are doing or causing throughout the economy. Look at what is and will happen with cash for clunkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment